At Brightfield, we are shaping the future of work now. If you have grit and a burning desire to make a meaningful impact on the future of work, we want to speak with you.
We are actively recruiting passionate people for the following roles:
- Data Scientist
- Talent Data Exchange Sales Executive
- Vice President of Consulting
- Consulting Associate
- Account Manager
- Project Manager
- Data Analyst
- Financial / Sales Operation Associate
- Software Developer
For individuals seeking demanding yet rewarding opportunities in the emerging world of contingent workforce management, please email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brightfield Strategies is currently seeking to add to its software development team for opportunities in New York, NY or virtual remote U.S. locations. We are the leading workforce analytics platform provider to the Global 2000. The largest companies in the world use our AI platform – Talent Data Exchange – to design their workforce precisely right.
Position: Software Developer
We are seeking a self-motivated software developer with demonstrated experience with full stack Java platform web application development. We use an Agile development environment, working on state-of-the-art modeling and machine-learning. Work is delivered in two-week sprints with retrospectives for continuous improvement.
- At least 10 years Java development experience with the last3 years as a full stack Java developer
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work remotelywith little direct supervision or oversight; experience working in a start-up environment is a plus.
- MongoDB or other NoSQL databases, R, Python are a plus
- Big Data experience with Machine Learning is a plus
- Experience with relational databases, Oracle PL/SQL or MySQL is a plus
- Experience with Jersey web services and Tomcat is a plus
- Comfortable in Windows and Linux environments
- Agile development experience – Daily-standup, sprint, retrospectives, kanban, and pair-programming are old-hat.
- Unit tests and code reviews are part of your product delivery
- Performance tuning and memory analysis are two of the tools in your development kit
- Ability to handle multiple projects with various priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Strong problem-solving skills. Creative, analytical, adaptable, logical and thorough.
- Data visualization technologies
- Self-motivated and driven
- Understanding of design patterns and programming by contract
- Technology: RESTFul Web Services, Spring DI, jQuery, Ajax, JSP, AWS, Azure
- RDBMS: Oracle, MySQL
- NoSQL: DynamoDB, MongoDB
- Tools: Eclipse or Idea, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven, Git, Subversion, Trello, Wiki
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or equivalent, is required.
Brightfield provides a casual and flexible work environment with excellent benefits including a generous holiday and leave package, health and dental medical coverage, 401k retirement plan, and more.
Brightfield Strategies is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Brightfield Strategies is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions